Doctors have traditionally used synthetic hormone replacement therapy as a way to help people suffering from low testosterone and menopause, but it’s not the only option on the market. In fact, there are several reasons why synthetics may not be your best option for restoring lower hormone levels. These drug treatments have been manufactured by pharmaceutical companies and do not share the same molecular structure as human hormones. They aren’t always consistent, they require daily or weekly commitments, and they have a host of side effects that can be just as bad as the effects of hormone imbalance.
With Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy, a Better Life is Just Around the Corner.
By contrast, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is derived from plants and mimics your body’s natural hormone production, making it a much more natural option. Bio-identical hormones are structurally identical to human hormones. Heart Disease, Breast & Prostate Cancer, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, Osteopenia & Osteoporosis, and Type II Diabetes are just a few of the conditions that can benefit from preventive medicine. BHRT may also reduce visceral fat, reduce diabetes, and even prevent dementia. Many patients see the ability to finally lose weight, a common problem among women and men over 40. Lower estrogen can make it harder to lose weight because the body holds onto excess fat in an attempt to preserve estrogen, which is stored in fat cells.
We deliver a 90-day supply at a time of only top quality bio-identical hormones that are shipped directly to our patients from our trusted compound pharmacy. We use a personalized dosage that is determined by the lab results, symptoms, and medical history.
Benefits of balancing hormones
- Increased vitality, including resurgence of energy, drive, focus and overall performance
- Increased sexual libido and overall better sexual health, reduce vaginal dryness
- May protect your bones and increase overall bone density
- Supports weight management and muscle development
- Improved sleeping patterns
- Decreased heart disease risk, breast and uterine cancers
- Improved mental health and decreased risk of dementia
Concerned about your drive and performance? Suddenly putting on weight? Need more recovery time between workouts?
A recent study published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism confirms what we’ve seen in our office: testosterone levels in the average man today are significantly lower than they were in generations past. Thanks to environmental factors and nutrition issues, hormone depletion strikes early and hard.
- Erectile dysfunction/low libido
- Lower mental acuity, focus, and energy
- Loss of motivation and drive
- A drop in physical performance
- Slower recovery after exercise
- Weight gain and loss of muscle
- Depression/lack of ability to enjoy life
- Sleep apnea
Feel like you are losing your mind? Struggling with sleep, focus, and control of your emotions? Low libido?
While we all know that hormones fluctuate temporarily during pregnancy and when experiencing PMS, perimenopause and menopause are long term hormonal changes that can drastically impact your life.
While most women know quite a bit about menopause, most don’t realize that significant hormonal changes begin years before you experience changes in your cycle. Thus you can be in perimenopause with regular cycles.
During perimenopause, you may experience:
- Sleep issues (insomnia, inability to fall or stay asleep)
- Anxiety/heart palpitations/heart racing
- Temperature fluctuations (middle of the night sweats or warmth)
- Changes in period (heavier or lighter)
- Weight gain (especially belly fat) and loss of muscle
- Vaginal dryness, higher risk of UTIs and yeast infections
- Headaches, migraines, and inability to focus
- Exhaustion, fatigue and decreased physical performance
- Foggy memory and reduction of mental acuity
As you progress to menopause, you may experience (in addition to the above):
- Problems with cognitive functions
- Bladder problems (overactive bladder, incontinence, prolapse)
- Musculoskeletal complications
- Thinning of skin and hair
- Hot flashes
- Emotional instability and mental disorders
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Concerned about your fertility issues and dealing with a weight problem that just will not go away?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that affects one in 10 women of childbearing age. Women with PCOS have a hormonal imbalance and metabolism problems that may affect their overall health and appearance. PCOS is also a common and treatable cause of infertility. With PCOS, the egg in the ovary may not be released as it should be, or may not develop properly, and women often experience missed or irregular periods. These missed or irregular periods may lead to cysts on the ovaries.
- Irregular menstrual cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year)
- Too much hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair
- Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
- Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
- Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
How to Begin BHRT
The therapy starts with extensive lab work done prior to your initial consultation with one of our doctors at PlatinumCare LA in Santa Monica. The initial consultation is a 60 minute visit with a trained physician who is an expert at BHRT and will go over all of your lab work with you. Your physician will discuss with you your medical history, the problems at hand, and your desired health goals in order to prescribe a three month hormone plan.
In about three months, you will have a 30 minute follow up consultation with your physician to discuss your progress and re-prescribe as needed for another three months.
To learn more about hormone replacement therapy, visit WebMD.com.
Initial Comprehensive Consultations are $400.
Follow Up Consultations (every 3 months) are $300.
Lab fees are $300-500 about 2x per year.
Cost of hormones and supplements vary depending on patient needs.
**A $100 discount is accredited the following visit to patients who are also participating in CoolSculpting within the 3 month BHRT program.**
Please contact our office at 310-295-2255 to set up your first appointment with one of our qualified physicians and start on your path of renewed health today.
Virtual consultations are also available for this service. Contact us to request a virtual conultation.